[FFmpeg-user] MP4 to wav

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Tue Apr 11 12:26:51 EEST 2023

On Tue, Apr 11, 2023 at 12:09:32 +0300, Alexander Gorodetski wrote:
> I cannot convert the following file from MP4 format to WAV format. It
> should be noted that the audio of this MP4 file is encoded with G722.1. It
> should be noted that the only software that can open and play this file
> properly is VSPlayer.
>
> The MP4 can be downloaded from here:
> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_JGekhr6byAv7dkLw48LRQIJGMxMu4oh/view?usp=drivesdk

ffmpeg cannot decode that file or that file's audio, due to the reasons
given in its output messages. I haven't found any software which is
capable of decoding this file.

Does VSPlayer also play the audio? Perhaps it's just smart enough to
ignore it. (You can let ffmpeg ignore it by demuxing only the video,
with e.g. "-map 0:v".)

> unfortunately these scripts did not work for me (error about header was
> produced).

Whoever sent that script didn't analyze the issue to realize that
ffmpeg couldn't decode the file.

Cheers,
Moritz