[FFmpeg-user] info about ffmpeg

Carl Zwanzig cpz at tuunq.com
Wed Apr 12 00:41:11 EEST 2023

On 4/11/2023 2:00 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:

> Am 11.04.23 um 22:47 schrieb Juan Quesada:
>> 1. Who is ffmpeg developed by?
> https://www.synopsys.com/glossary/what-is-open-source-software.html

And also https://ffmpeg.org/about.html and https://ffmpeg.org/developer.html
(and the code contributors in the git repo's). Another answer to "Who?" is
"A lot of people."

>> 2. It seems that ffmpeg is very secure, right?
> that question makes no sense

Well, maybe a tiny bit-
"Security is a high priority and code review is always done with security in
mind. Though due to the very large amounts of code touching untrusted data
security issues are unavoidable and thus we provide as quick as possible
updates to our last stable releases when new security issues are found." (on
the About page)

See https://ffmpeg.org/security.html

Generally, the original questions don't make sense without context, which we
don't have.

z!