[FFmpeg-user] Reading bwf metaedit md5 value with ffprobe

Stuart Robinson Stuart.Robinson at ed.ac.uk
Wed Aug 2 18:43:42 EEST 2023

On 01/08/2023 17:41, Stuart Robinson wrote:

> I am trying to read the md5_generated tag from a wav file tagged with bwf metaedit, but I can't seem to get the value. Is it possible?

It seems to use a non-standard chunk outside of the INFO metadata list
chunk, so I don't think that any other application besides BWF MetaEdit
will parse it.

Regards, Tobias

I think Wavelab (since at least 8.5 and up to the current version) can also read and write that chunk so it must be standardised in some way.

I t would be useful to be able to do be able to read and write this tag, is it possible to make a feature request?

It seems to just tack on some data to the end of the file.

<?xpacket end="w"?>MD5    ÇúR
§üªû õ
°
%vþ

Thanks, Stuart

--

Thanks,

        Stuart Robinson,

        AV Technician,

        Sound Lab,

        School of Scottish Studies,

        University of Edinburgh,

        29 George Square,

        Edinburgh,

        EH8 9LD

        0131 651 5001

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.

This email was sent to you by someone outside the University.
You should only click on links or attachments if you are certain that the email is genuine and the content is safe.