[FFmpeg-user] How To Fix No Sound on Ubuntu in Hyper-V

Anatoly anatoly at kazanfieldhockey.ru
Mon Aug 28 15:58:52 EEST 2023

On Sat, 26 Aug 2023 12:14:26 +0200
<aperry at free.fr> wrote:

> 1.	How could I know the ffmpeg server is really launched ? Via
> Task Manager, I dont see anything, neither Process, nor Services
It is running until it does not exit with or without error in your
terminal. May use sockstat.exe to check for listening socket.
> 2.	is the IP right ? 0.0.0.0. :18181 looks odd, isn't it ?
Right. 0.0.0.0 dees mean accept incoming connections on all network
interfaces of your machine.

Now connect from another ffmpeg and play something, like this
 ffmpeg -i in.wav -c:a pcm_s16le -f s16le udp://<your machine
 ip>:18181
That's all I can tell without knowning of what you're trying to achieve
on Ubuntu side.