[FFmpeg-user] How To Fix No Sound on Ubuntu in Hyper-V

anatoly at kazanfieldhockey.ru anatoly at kazanfieldhockey.ru
Tue Aug 29 01:49:13 EEST 2023

On Mon, 28 Aug 2023 20:45:32 +0000
Carl Zwanzig <cpz at tuunq.com> wrote:

> On 8/28/2023 5:58 AM, Anatoly wrote:
> >> 2.	is the IP right ? 0.0.0.0. :18181 looks odd, isn't it ?
>
> > Right. 0.0.0.0 dees mean accept incoming connections on all network
> > interfaces of your machine.
>
> But you have '-i' before the URL, making it an input.
Yet, yes, this is input. ffplay will accept incoming UDP connection,
It will act as a server, waiting for client connection and input stream
from client.

> What is this "Jacob's trick" mentioned in the first email?
Probably it's about making somehow s16le UDP stream out of pulseaudio
output on guest machine and sending that stream to listening ffplay on
host machine. But we waiting what OP will tell us.