[FFmpeg-user] Rgbashift T value

emmanuel martin ask.emmanuel at gmail.com
Fri Dec 22 23:55:24 EET 2023

I used this command in the terminal to have some details on how to use it :

ffmpeg -h filter=rgbashift

Because I couldn’t find informations I asked to Chat GPT what ..FV.....T. means and here is the answer :

The string ..FV.....T. provides information about the capabilities and options of the filter. Each character in the string represents a specific feature or attribute of the filter. Here's the breakdown:

. (dot): Placeholder for a feature that is not applicable or not available.
F: The filter supports frame-level multithreading, meaning it can process multiple frames concurrently.
V: The filter supports slice-level multithreading, which allows for parallel processing of different slices of a frame.
T: The filter supports temporal multithreading, indicating that it can take advantage of temporal dependencies between frames.
So, in the case of ..FV.....T., the filter supports frame-level multithreading (F), slice-level multithreading (V), and temporal multithreading (T). The dots in other positions suggest that some features might not be applicable or available for this specific filter.