[FFmpeg-user] Code of Conduct & Mailing list rules & Community Committee

Phil Rhodes phil_rhodes at rocketmail.com
Tue Feb 7 00:43:01 EET 2023

Hello;
I would advocate a light touch. Frankly, the rules have not been meaningfully enforced here for years - more than a decade, in my experience. As such, list users might very reasonably work on the assumption that they never would be, and it may not be entirely fair to reproach people for that.

A huge proportion of the stuff I've written over the last few years, alongside a few other people, has been well-meaning if doomed attempts to encourage people to understand how hostile they are likely to seem, and to explain to genuinely confused new users that they haven't actually done anything wrong. In the absence of any other sort of moderation it was occasionally useful.