[FFmpeg-user] How to compile static FFmpeg to a .so file?

Ricardo Zacarias rickyz at streamingglobal.com
Tue Jan 31 22:33:01 EET 2023

Carl Zwanzig wrote:

> It sounds like you are really unclear on the differences between shared *libraries* and *executable files*

You are absolutely right. I was running under the false assumption that since I can turn an executable (ffmpeg) into a dll, then the dll must also be executable. I should have seen that this is obviously not the case and that there is some kind of structure reconfiguration going on when the dll is created.