[FFmpeg-user] Issue with ffmpeg 8:4.3.6-0+deb 11u1+rpt2 ?

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Mon Jul 10 17:05:16 EEST 2023

Am 10.07.23 um 16:01 schrieb Reindl Harald:
> Am 10.07.23 um 15:46 schrieb Gordon Train:
>> I have a python script on a Raspberry Pi which captures Video frames and
>> then l use cv2.VideoWriter , which l believe uses ffmpeg in Linux, to
>> write
>> mp4 files.
>>
>> Hopefully this is the correct place to ask this
>
> no
>
> when you can't even figure out IF ith uses ffmpeg (which l believe uses
> ffmpeg in Linux) you are wrong here
>
> this mailing list is about the ffmpeg cli-binary
>
> without the full ffmpeg command and it's output it's not possible to
> help you

https://github.com/Gordon999/Pi_Videoer/blob/main/PiVideoer.py don't
contain ffmpeg at all

even if 4.3.6 is stoneold

"Uses Raspberry OS BULLSEYE and libcamera-vid":
https://www.raspberrypi.com/documentation/computers/camera_software.html

no idea what makes you think this has anything to do with ffmpeg