[FFmpeg-user] Determine Reason for "error: Error while decoding stream #0:X: Invalid data found when processing input"

Carl Zwanzig cpz at tuunq.com
Tue Jul 11 01:20:11 EEST 2023

On 7/10/2023 2:45 PM, Er Win wrote:
> I think it its very unreadble to put the answer to the bottom, but if you insist, here we go.

You may think so, but quite a lot of people will disagree. That's also the
preferred style for this list.

> If I do not use -hide_banner it does not change the console ouput at all.
It provides _essential_ information, like the revision level and build
information.

> The offset is different for every file, of course, but if you insist on the full output:
>
> [mp3float @ 000002a0ff308a80] Header missing
> Error while decoding stream #0:1: Invalid data found when processing input

That is _not_ the full output; please see archived list messages as an
example if that is not clear, for instance-
http://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-user/2023-June/056548.html (the full
output starts with the prompt & command and ends with the next prompt).

z!