[FFmpeg-user] Dim audio in parts where there is a lot of wind

Cecil Westerhof Cecil at decebal.nl
Fri Jun 2 18:37:32 EEST 2023

Michael Koch <astroelectronic at t-online.de> writes:

>>> Hi, Cecil
>>>
>>> You can use the volume audio filter.
>>> Example for Linux version of ffmpeg:
>>>
>>>    -af volume=0.5:enable='between(t\,26.12\,28.64)'
>>>
>>> It means - set volume to 0.5 between 26.12 and 28.64 seconds.
>> Thanks, I will try it out. I can do this several times?
>> This is abrupt, there is no possibility to do it smooth?
>
> I have added an example with start and stop ramps in chapter 3.5 of my book:
> http://www.astro-electronic.de/FFmpeg_Book.pdf
>
> If someone finds a simpler solution, please let us know.

This is abrupt. (It is better as nothing.) I would prefer it to slide
to for example 25% and a the end slide back to 100%. Something like:
    -                        -

I understood I should do something with:
    http://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-all.html#Expression-Evaluation

--
Cecil Westerhof
Senior Software Engineer