[FFmpeg-user] Generating bloated videos

Bouke / Videotoolshed bouke at videotoolshed.com
Sun Jun 4 18:30:10 EEST 2023

> On 4 Jun 2023, at 17:23, Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> wrote:
>

> Am 04.06.23 um 13:40 schrieb Cecil Westerhof via ffmpeg-user:
>> Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> writes:

>>> common sense
>>>
>>> "veryfast" don't optimize quality which in doubt increase size
>> I do not find that common sense. I would expect that if compressing
>> would increase the size no compressing would be done.
>
> but video encoding is NOT only compressing - it's a tradeoff between quality and size

To add: ‘Quality’ is subjective as hell. Retaining compression noise….
(But what do I know….)

 Where is the ‘original’ Harald / what have you done with him?

Bouke

videotoolshed.com
Van Oldenbarneveltstraat 33
6512 AS Nijmegen, the Netherlands
+31 6 21817248
If you want to send me large files, please use:
https://videotoolshed.wetransfer.com/ <https://videotoolshed.wetransfer.com/>