[FFmpeg-user] Audio Track Assignment Problem

Nathan Taylor Nathan.Taylor at aardman.com
Fri Jun 16 16:27:06 EEST 2023

Hiya, I was wonder if anyone could help with a track assignment question.

I need to change the assignment for 8 audio tracks from all mono to FL+FR+mono+LFE+BL+BR+DL+DR.

I can do this manually with a Mac utility called Multitrackmaker (Mixage), but I need to be able to automate the process.

I've tried to do this using things I've learned from the FFMPEG AudioChannelManipulation<https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/AudioChannelManipulation> page, using a combination of -filter_complex & channel_layout.

However, all I get is errors such as "Error initializing complex filters" etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers! - Nate

This email is intended solely for the addressee and is strictly confidential. If you are not the addressee, please do not read, print, re-transmit, store or act in reliance on it or any attachments. Instead please email it back to the sender and delete the message from your computer.
Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free and Aardman accepts no liability for changes made to this email (and any attachments) after it was sent or for viruses arising as a result of this email transmission.
Aardman reserves the right to intercept any emails or other communication for permitted purposes, in accordance with applicable laws, which you send to, or receive from, any of the employees or agents of Aardman.

Aardman Animations Limited is a limited company registered in England with company number 02050843.
The registered office is at Gas Ferry Road, Bristol BS1 6UN, United Kingdom.

WWW.AARDMAN.COM<http://www.aardman.com>