[FFmpeg-user] Selecting colors of the waveform

Marcin Borkowski mbork at mbork.pl
Wed Mar 8 19:48:53 EET 2023

Hi all,

I'm fairly new to ffmpeg, so sorry, if this is something obvious.  (I'd
also appreciate any pointers to the docs - I haven't read them all, of
course, but I _did_ try to find the answer to my questions there.)

I know that I can create a bitmap with the waveform of a selected part
of a media file and send it to stdout like this:

ffmpeg -ss 00:10 -to 00:11 -i file.mp4 -filter_complex showwavespic=s=600x40 -frames:v 1 -f image2 -

Now the question is, how do I change the colors (background and
foreground)?  I already know about `:colors=white' for the foreground,
but how about the background?

TIA,

--
Marcin Borkowski