[FFmpeg-user] can I compress a video and remove the audio with a single command?

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Thu Mar 16 18:20:30 EET 2023

On Thu, Mar 16, 2023 at 17:14:10 +0100, Natalia Molinero Mingorance wrote:
> I'm using it in an Android app, so it's the Android player. If I remove the
> "-an" and copy the audio, the video is successfully compressed.

Well, to answer your original question: It doesn't make any difference
to the video encoding whether audio is included or not. I blame the
Android player.

Have you successfully played other videos without audio?
Does this ffmpeg encoded video play successfully on other players?
Did you try the suggested ffmpeg option?

Cheers,
Moritz