[FFmpeg-user] encode five wav files to one Dolby Prologic II encoded file

Martin Thomas Schrott list at mtsonline.at
Fri Mar 24 15:15:35 EET 2023

Hi Michael,

yes, it is not documented - wich caused me a headake for many days ;-)

After houndreds of tests I would say 1 = 180°

What is, what I also expekted to get a 360° spectrum from -1 to +1 :-)

And my tests also gave the best results with 0.5 and -0.5 values. :-)

as a shift of more than 180° in one direction would not make sense - 1
should be the maximum and the half is 90°.

I think an example for how to encode dplii with ffmpeg should be added
to the ffmpeg docs including the aresample=matrix_encoding and
aphaseshift filters.

Aditionally it would be great if the matrix_encoding filter could be
documented - nowhere can be found what this does exactly. After my tests
I suppose it mixes the volumes following the dolby docs but does not
shift the phases.

cheers

Martin