[FFmpeg-user] FFmpeg support for strftime with milliseconds support

Devin Heitmueller devin.heitmueller at ltnglobal.com
Tue May 2 18:49:12 EEST 2023

On Sun, Apr 30, 2023 at 12:40 PM Dennis Mungai <dmngaie at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello there,
>
> As mentioned in the subject line: Does/can ffmpeg allow strftime in
> milliseconds?
> The closest I've seen to this would be
> https://github.com/InSoundz/ffmpeg-strftime-milliseconds

Do you mean in stdout/stderr log output, or in stuff like vf_drawtext?
 If the latter, changes did land a few months ago to include
milliseconds in the vf_drawtext filter.  For the log output, you can
call av_log_set_callback() to provide a custom callback which includes
a more verbose date/time that includes millisecond resolution.  If you
want an example, I do it in my non-upstream tree here:

https://github.com/LTNGlobal-opensource/FFmpeg-ltn/commit/3c4a5464986c1f5a3d99847ec09ed351935aa3b9

Devin

--
Devin Heitmueller, Senior Software Engineer
LTN Global Communications
w: https://ltnglobal.com  e: devin.heitmueller at ltnglobal.com