[FFmpeg-user] rgb8

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Wed May 31 10:36:12 EEST 2023

Am 31.05.23 um 09:28 schrieb Michael Koch:
>>> Couldn't this be simplified with a new filter "set_pixel_format"
>>> which tells FFmpeg to interpret the data as a different pixel format,
>>> without making any modifications to the data?
>>> In my case the data is already correct. It's only labeled incorrectly.
>>
>> "-pixel_format rgb8" as input parm tells ffmpeg exactly that
>
> yes, but I can't use "-pixel_format gray" because the DirectShow driver
> accepts only those pixel formats that are listed with "ffmpeg
> -list_options 1 -f dshow -i video="ASI178MM Camera (ZWO Design)"
> There is only one pixel format listed and that's "rgb8"
for a FFMPEG INPUT PARAM it's irrelevant what the driver supports - it
don't tell the source driver anything but tells ffmpeg to ignore it's
auto-detection

it's the same with "-f" as input param when the source has some weird
wrong header

it *really* would be helpful when you post uncutted command line and the
whole output instead all of this guessing back and forth