[FFmpeg-user] Requesting colormatrix advice

Phil Rhodes phil_rhodes at rocketmail.com
Tue Nov 7 13:29:11 EET 2023

 Well, yeah, but we've been discussing x265, too, so it seemed worth asking.
I presume you're talking about this setparams filter:
https://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-filters.html#setparams-1

There aren't any examples of usage there, but it seems to do nothing but set the flags on the output data. I'm not sure how that would work out with various output file formats and codecs, which may have various different ways of including that information.
I'm not clear what the function of "color transfer," "color primaries" and "colorspace" is in that case.
    On Tuesday, 7 November 2023 at 10:52:53 GMT, Paul B Mahol <onemda at gmail.com> wrote:

 On Tue, Nov 7, 2023 at 11:40 AM Phil Rhodes via ffmpeg-user <
ffmpeg-user at ffmpeg.org> wrote:

>    On Tuesday, 7 November 2023 at 10:30:33 GMT, Paul B Mahol <
> onemda at gmail.com> wrote:
>  > Use setparams filter to properly tag inputs colorspace related metadata.
>
> Y'know, I've been dealing with this stuff for twenty-plus years, and I'm
> not very clear on exactly what you're trying to suggest Mark does here.
> What software are you referring to? Is it documented anywhere? Are there
> examples?

This is mailing list about FFmpeg software.