[FFmpeg-user] 6.1 is out but I have request

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Sat Nov 11 17:42:10 EET 2023

сб, 11 нояб. 2023 г., 18:20 Gyan Doshi <ffmpeg at gyani.pro>:

> On 2023-11-11 08:03 pm, Andrew Randrianasulu wrote:
> > For announcement writer(s) - can you please at least list API changes
> with
> > pointer to documentation section?
>
> See doc/APIchanges

well, there is for example line

2023-03-xx - xxxxxxxxxx - lavfi 9.5.100 - avfilter.h            Add
AVFILTER_FLAG_HWDEVICE.

but it does not tell me what exactly this flag does. For exact usage I need
to dive in git log/mail list ... repeat for all entries .....

btw, Cingg does support building with ffmpeg git, JUST this option
sometimes broke even w/o our patches!

--with-git-ffmpeg=https://git.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg.git \

for  git url git://git.cinelerra-gg.org/goodguy/cinelerra.git

you can move put thirdparty/src/ffmpeg.git.patch* if they fail to build, so
far it was working modulo CUDA update in late September (do we need also
ffheaders update? will it work on legacy nvidia drivers?)

I try to handle build failures as fast as I can, but as my 20 years long
history of using Linux (Slackware since 2005, before that Alt Linux 2.x)
tell me - I can't just jump over ALL problems I encounter, only simple
ones! So especially for me there IS ceiling on what kind of adaptations I
can do, no matter how much time I can throw at it (and other components
tend to regress too - mesa, kernel, wine, llvm ...). At some point it
become overwhelming.