[FFmpeg-user] VBR encoding for libsvtav1.

Aditya Dandavate adityadandavate04 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 26 13:29:37 EET 2023

I was trying and searching the web to 'how to encode videos with libsvtav1
with help of VBR rate control mode and I found on this page that setting
-rc 1 will enable Variable Bitrate mode.

https://gitlab.com/AOMediaCodec/SVT-AV1/-/blob/master/Docs/svt-av1_encoder_user_guide.md

I tried to set '-rc 1' but the it says :

`[out#0/nut @ 00000208aba3eac0] Codec AVOption rc (Override the preset
rate-control) has not been used for any stream. The most likely reason is
either wrong type (e.g. a video option with no video streams) or that it is
a private option of some encoder which was not actually used for any
stream.`

So, how to encode videos with Variable Bitrate rate control mode with
libsvtav1 encoder ? I need help from you guys about this.