[FFmpeg-user] drawtext filter missing

Paul B Mahol onemda at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 00:23:01 EET 2023

On Tue, Nov 28, 2023 at 9:40 PM Leo Butler via ffmpeg-user <
ffmpeg-user at ffmpeg.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I ran into this problem with the current Debian testing build, so I
> thought I would try the static build. Both are compiled with
> --enable-libfreetype but both barf on a drawtext filter. I am attaching
> the log file from the static build.
>
> According to:
>
> https://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-all.html#drawtext-1
>
> the libfreetype library should be sufficient.

Citation from that link:

To enable compilation of this filter, you need to configure FFmpeg with
--enable-libfreetype and --enable-libharfbuzz. To enable default font
fallback and the font option you need to configure FFmpeg with
--enable-libfontconfig. To enable the text_shaping option, you need to
configure FFmpeg with --enable-libfribidi.

So your statements are invalid.