[FFmpeg-user] Silence remove at start and end of audio file

kevin draper kdkevindraper at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 08:40:21 EET 2023

Hi,
I'm currently using areverse,silenceremove=start_periods=1...
areverse,silenceremove=start_periods=1...

I'd like to take out the areverse and use silenceremove=stop_periods to
trim the end of recordings, but it doesn't work as expected.
stop_periods=1 cuts the audio at the first pause in speech.
stop_periods=<big number> doesn't trim at the end of the recording at all.

Can you point me to any examples of using
start_periods...stop_periods=<positive> on the same line? The examples in
the doc are all based on stop_periods=<negative>.

Thanks

--

Kevin Draper

*Mobile +44 (0)7904 207537*