[FFmpeg-user] Meaning of -color_range 2 ?

Ulf Zibis Ulf.Zibis at CoSoCo.de
Sun Oct 1 16:06:42 EEST 2023

Am 01.10.23 um 14:05 schrieb Paul B Mahol:
> On 10/1/23, Ulf Zibis <Ulf.Zibis at cosoco.de> wrote:
>> And how can I know, in which version of FFMPEG this patch was released?
>>
>> https://git.videolan.org/?p=ffmpeg.git;a=commitdiff;h=7ca71b79f2b3256a0eef1a099b857ac9e4017e36
>>
> By searching for that commit log in git log of branch you use currently.
> By searching the source code of branch you use currently to have that
> added/changed lines from such commit log.
> By looking at date of commit and comparing to date of release of
> FFmpeg version currently used.

So the patch is from August 2021, FFmpeg 4.4 is from April 2021 and FFmpeg 5.0 is from January 2022.

As I can't see any branch information, can I assume, the patch was commited to master?
And so the patch was released with FFmpeg 5.0 ?

-Ulf