[FFmpeg-user] nvenc error

Troy troy at troykelly.com
Tue Oct 3 04:03:12 EEST 2023

Without the detailed output from your compile, it's going to be impossible for anybody to guess as to the issue. The output is normally a very good communicator of the issue and it's potential resolution.

At a guess, you might not have all the dependencies required. We compile an `ffmpeg` with pretty much everything enabled here: https://github.com/aperim/docker-nvidia-cuda-ffmpeg/blob/7d7c1d85c79239210b4b5314c2fb2aaac1170d4e/ffmpeg/Dockerfile#L151

Above it - you can see the voluminous list of requirements that are needed. You won't need all of those, but - I'm sure the list will be more helpful when you provide the full output of your compile.

Regards, Troy
Brevity is the elixir of life.
Father Hector McGrath, Pixie 2020