[FFmpeg-user] Why my cut video weighs twice as much?

anatoly at kazanfieldhockey.ru anatoly at kazanfieldhockey.ru
Mon Oct 16 13:04:35 EEST 2023

> Hello,
> No one knows? :(
>
> Le sam. 14 oct. 2023 à 12:16, Bohort <bortific+ffmpeg at gmail.com> a écrit :
>
>> Hi there,
>> I use version 4.4.2-0ubuntu0.22.04.1.
>> I want to cut a part of a video: to do this, I use ffmpeg, with these
>> $ ffmpeg -i 2023-10-14.m2ts -ss 01:20:00.000 -to 01:30:36.300 -c:v copy
>> -c:a copy output.mp4
>> But I have some warnings/errors in the log (please see the attachment).
>> I wonder how to avoid it, if my options are wrong?
They are correct. But maybe input file somehow incorrect/damaged.
>> Or maybe it has been fixed in a new version that I haven't yet in my
>> system (I keep 22.04 because it's LTS, and will upgrade to 24.04 in a
>> few
>> months)?
I think nobody can tell you this, because nobody has your troublesome m2ts
file.
Why not try to build latest ffmpeg like 'non-system' ffmpeg into arbitrary
non-system directory, something like:
https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/CompilationGuide/Ubuntu