[FFmpeg-user] How to extend this page about screen recording

Leo Butler leo.butler81 at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 18 23:34:25 EEST 2023

On 10/16/23, Cecil Westerhof via ffmpeg-user <ffmpeg-user at ffmpeg.org> wrote:
> Ulf Zibis <Ulf.Zibis at CoSoCo.de> writes:
>
>> Am 12.10.23 um 11:51 schrieb Cecil Westerhof via ffmpeg-user:
>>> I just found this:
>>>      https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/Capture/Desktop
>>>
>>> Very interesting indeed.
>>>
>>> I have two monitors. I could write something about how to use this
>>> with two monitors (or more). Would that be appreciated? If yes, how to
>>> get my contribution into that page?

Doesn't the first bit of advice work for you?

ffmpeg -video_size 1024x768 -framerate 25 -f x11grab -i :0.0+100,200 output.mp4

I have used that for a few years to record screencasts with a
multi-monitor setup and differing resolutions. You just need to be
careful to specify the the origin (:0.0+100,200) correctly.

Leo