[FFmpeg-user] missing meta data in ffprobe output from mp4 format

Ulf Zibis Ulf.Zibis at CoSoCo.de
Mon Oct 23 13:54:14 EEST 2023

Am 20.10.23 um 23:37 schrieb Greg Oliver:

> I have never used ffprobe before, but I have seen countless messages
> on this left with regards to it not being closely maintained and
> recommendations to use other software to query media information.
> Possibly try mediainfo of cvlc, etc and see if you have different
> results...?
So you confirm, that "ffprobe" is buggy in case of MPEG format ?
For Matroska format it seems to work correctly. The only inconsistence is, that tag "title" is written in lower case.

But there additionally seems to be a problem with "ffmpeg", because a not requested subtitle stream was additionally added.

-Ulf