[FFmpeg-user] MP4-Video does not play audio on Android 8; audio stream size tagged wrong

Ulf Zibis Ulf.Zibis at CoSoCo.de
Tue Oct 24 13:55:19 EEST 2023

Am 24.10.23 um 08:12 schrieb Ferdi Scholten:
> Hi,
>
> Vorbis audio is officially not supported by the mp4 container specifications.
> Matroska does not have this problem as it supports almost all known codecs.
>
> These are the audio codecs that are in the mp4 specifications: AAC, ALS, SLS, MP3, MP2, MP1, CELP, HVXC, TTSI, SAOL, Apple Lossless, FLAC, Opus
> Others can be muxed in, but most players will not support playing those.

Much thanks for this valuable information.

Because I want to add several audio streams to a MP4 video, I'm looking for an audio codec, with optimal compression. As AAC in my context needs 128 kb/s, but Vorbis only 90 kb/s, I thought, it was a good choice.

Which audio codec you would suggest, which has a wide range of compatibility, except AAC?

Maybe Opus?

For the video I want to use HEVC.

Is there a possibility to encode AAC_HE with FFmpeg and would it make sense?

-Ulf