[FFmpeg-user] How to extract video from .rf file from surveillance camera and convert to mp4

Peter L pacqa100 at yahoo.com.au
Sat Sep 9 14:34:11 EEST 2023

OK, looks like ffmpeg can work with .rf directly.
I'm doing a simple

    ffmpeg -i input_file.rf output_file.mp4

and that seems to be working. I didn't find any info before hand on the
filetypes that ffmpeg can work with, but it looks like .rf is OK.
Thanks for you consideration.
I am getting some "Invalid NAL unit size" errors and some "missing
picture in access unit" errors, but it doesn't seem to be visibly
affecting the output files.
I'll report if there's something that doesn't work.

Peter