[FFmpeg-user] Default audio stream -- how do I set it?

Mark Filipak markfilipak.imdb at gmail.com
Sun Sep 10 18:35:28 EEST 2023

Thanks Ferdi,

On Sun, Sep 10, 2023 at 3:24 AM Ferdi Scholten <ferdi at sttc-nlp.nl> wrote:
> There is not enough information here to give an correct answer.

Sorry, I think you misunderstand. My question is: How do I make stream
0:1 (the dialog audio) the default. Right now, 0:2 (the commentary) is
the default when the video plays. I've spent a day trying various
'tricks' and nothing's worked. I've not needed to do this in the past.

> Need to know the type of container...

SOURCE & TARGET are both MP4s.

>...and we are missing the output of the ffmpeg command you used.

Which of the dozens of failing ffmpeg commands that I've tried do you
want? Switching 0:1 & 0:2 worked, so I think you don't mean that
ffmpeg command. I honestly don't know how to choose among all the
commands that failed to set 0:1 as the default audio stream. Help me
out here. I can rerun some of the failing commands.