[FFmpeg-user] Make conversion go faster

Carl Zwanzig cpz at tuunq.com
Sat Sep 16 19:26:26 EEST 2023

On 9/15/2023 12:02 AM, Ferdi Scholten wrote:
> Your speed might be limited by system constraints, like IO speed, cpu speed,
> number of cores, load and memory size/speed etc.

Exactly!!
You can't "speed something up" unless you know why it's slower than
desirable, and that'll require a bit of monitoring system resources. (On
windoze, I suggest starting with the SysInternal process explorer, it's both
good and free.)

Alexander and others- please do not top-post on this mailing list (see
https://ffmpeg.org/mailing-list-faq.html, which among other things says to
try with the latest version first).

Later,

z!