[FFmpeg-user] buffer underflow (?)

Carl Zwanzig cpz at tuunq.com
Fri Sep 29 19:04:51 EEST 2023

On 9/29/2023 8:42 AM, Mark Filipak wrote:
> I do need help. I didn't write ffmpeg.

But you can pull down the code and read the concat muxer, which shouldn't be
difficult if you've down real-time coding. There have been more than a
couple of times when simply searching for the error message led me to the
code and reading that lead me to what I needed to know. (I've even posted
some of that research here.)

To answer one question- Why "buffer underflow"? Maybe it's the wrong error
message for a specific condition _but_ we'll never have a clue without
seeing console output (which, as Harald points out, you should know is
appropriate).

z!