[FFmpeg-user] Mpegts multiplexer problrems, incorrect work of -muxrate option

Odessa TV odessa.tv at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 22:17:14 EEST 2024

Hello,

This question has probably been asked here before, but it's still relevant.
What should I do to correct bitrate of realtime stream in mpegts muxer?
This question does not refer to bitrate setting during transcoding, we are
talking about the formation of mpegts stream with real-time transmission
via UDP or SRT protocol.
If I receive a stream with a constant bitrate and pass it through ffmpeg
with the option -c copyis, then the output I get a variable bitrate, with
bursts, exceeding the nominal 2-3 times. The -muxrate option does not solve
this problem.
Can anyone suggest a solution to this problem? Perhaps there are patches or
custom builds where this problem is fixed.

Best regards, Serhii Morozov

Example of test command:
path/ffmpeg.exe -i <input_udp_cbr_stream> -c copy -f mpegts
<udp_output_stream_with_packetsize_1316>

Link to screenshots:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1F60118diCdYHRlhu-6dbkDbRwx8jUexHLC1emWmOqIs/edit?usp=sharing