[FFmpeg-user] Initialising hardware device fails with error -17

Martin Stenzel m.stenzel at mail.xy-space.de
Tue Apr 23 19:05:33 EEST 2024

Hi Haihao,

when running

"vpl-inspect", I get this, and only this
Implementation #0: mfxhw64
  Library path: /usr/lib64/libmfxhw64.so.1.35
  AccelerationMode: MFX_ACCEL_MODE_VIA_VAAPI
  ApiVersion: 1.35
  Impl: MFX_IMPL_TYPE_HARDWARE
  VendorImplID: 0x0000
  ImplName: mfxhw64
  License:
  Version: 1.2
  VendorID: 0x8086
  mfxAccelerationModeDescription:
    Version: 1.0
    Mode: MFX_ACCEL_MODE_VIA_VAAPI
  mfxPoolPolicyDescription:
    Version: 1.0
  mfxDeviceDescription:
    MediaAdapterType: MFX_MEDIA_UNKNOWN
    DeviceID: a780/0
    Version: 1.1
  mfxDecoderDescription:
    Version: 0.0
  mfxEncoderDescription:
    Version: 0.0
  mfxVPPDescription:
    Version: 0.0
  NumExtParam: 0
  Warning - MFX_IMPLCAPS_SURFACE_TYPES not supported

Total number of implementations found = 1
I do NOT have the library "libmfx-gen.so" in my system...

Best w​​​​ishes, Martin.