[FFmpeg-user] Packet corrupt on cut, notice on concat

Mark Filipak markfilipak.imdb at gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 03:31:13 EET 2024

On 19/02/2024 18.49, Jim DeLaHunt wrote:
> On 2024-02-19 15:04, Mark Filipak wrote:
>> If I recall correctly, each of the two segments was a couple hundred bytes. The two sources total
>> 27 GB and are copyrighted.
>
> If the sources are 27GB, then that is not really minimal.

The 27 GB sources are _not_ the problem.

The two trims are a large problem if '-ss -to -i' is used. They are a huge problem if '-i -ss -to'
is used.

But the two trims are not the problem if '-bsf noise' is used to trim the sources. So, I used '-bsf
noise'. The two trims are structurally beautiful, seemingly perfect.

The problem occurs after the join. The final B-frame before the ending I-frame (at the join) is
flagged as corrupt. Is it corrupted when cut? Or is it corrupted when concatenated? Or is the
complaint that it's corrupt bogus? I don't know any of the answers.

How can I prepare a trac submission on so little information?

I need help. I need help to determine the truth. Then I can prepare a trac report. I cannot prepare
a trac report until then. You are asking for a miracle.

--Mark.