[FFmpeg-user] Towards better trims & concatenations

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 07:34:31 EET 2024

пн, 8 янв. 2024 г., 07:02 Mark Filipak <markfilipak.imdb at gmail.com>:

> On 1/7/24 22:12, Jim DeLaHunt wrote:
>
> > For instance, this command:
> >
> >  > ffmpeg  -f lavfi -i "testsrc" -to 1:00 testpat.m2ts
> >
> > generates a 60-second video with a test pattern. Anyone with recent
> FFmpeg can generate a video like
> > this, though perhaps not identical. If you use this as your "mother"
> video, and apply your test
> > method to it, does ffmpeg demonstrate the same bugs? If yes, then you
> can include instructions to
> > generate that video in your bug reports.
>
> I don't think a synthetic video that ffmpeg creates is going do the job.
> I'll pass. Anyone could do
> it, and the developers would have done it. You could do it.

I think some of Mark's problems might steam from fact he apparently cuts
blu-ray transport stream, not something commonly cut with ffmpeg.

there is tsMuxer, it seems to have is own logic for dealing with mpeg
transport streams.

https://github.com/justdan96/tsMuxer

There is also another  libav* based cutter VidCut

https://github.com/kanehekili/VideoCut

May be they can cut / join a bit better?

May be stream is ... slightly broken in some way? Even costly pro software
at some version can produce slightly ... confusing stream.