[FFmpeg-user] cutting mp4 with ffmpeg

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Sun Jan 14 05:58:03 EET 2024

вс, 14 янв. 2024 г., 06:51 Mark Filipak <markfilipak.imdb at gmail.com>:

> On 13/01/2024 22.11, Andrew Randrianasulu wrote:
> -snip-
> > I added ticket about ffprobe/vf_showinfo displaying truncated duration:
> >
> > https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/10799#ticket
>
> Andrew, please remove that ticket. It is too early.

This is ONLY about duration field in ffprobe/vf_showtime truncating time to
N.xx instead of N.xxx

hopefully just two printf arguments somewhere.

Actual cutting problems are not yet logged.

> Your "How to reproduce" command line is incomplete and it doesn't include
> '-muxdelay 0'.

Does it magically enlarge ffprobe/vf_showtime output ? :)

> Your ticket cites other applications as though they are authoritative.

More as example of time format.

> The end result of your ticket will be to sour the milk for my work.

Do not panic! There are enough bugs for everyone :)