[FFmpeg-user] Stream copy of mxf format is weird

Nicolas Gaullier nicolas.gaullier at cji.paris
Tue Jan 30 12:53:25 EET 2024

>De : ffmpeg-user <ffmpeg-user-bounces at ffmpeg.org> De la part de Syehoon Kim
>
>I think there is nothing wrong with the original input file.
Can you check with -c copy, I mean exactly ffmpeg -i input.mxf  -map v -c copy -f framecrc -
If your input has B frames, you should be able to distinguish the dts and pts columns.

>Like you said, maybe it is due to the defect of the mxf wrapper.
>Thank you for notifying about mxf wrapper's timestamp issue.
>Kim Syehoon
Well, I was talking about the mxf wrapper in a general manner, not ffmpeg's implementation.
But anything might happen.
Can you share a sample of your input (it would be required for trac anyway) ?
Nicolas