[FFmpeg-user] Stream copy of mxf format is weird

Nicolas Gaullier nicolas.gaullier at cji.paris
Tue Jan 30 16:24:16 EET 2024

>De : ffmpeg-user <ffmpeg-user-bounces at ffmpeg.org> De la part de Syehoon Kim
>
>Of course I can. Below is the URL from the company(SBS) where I work.
>In case it causes an http 500 error, just refresh it.
>>https://megamail.sbs.co.kr:8443/xmegaAttach/BigFileDown.file?type=attachDown&fileName=Clip0003.MXF&fileIndex=K3YpOVEsvZg5eTu3mmTNF6F52kcPSl68poeFOYkO71k%3D
>
>If you don't like it, maybe I can share it with Google Drive below, or something.
>https://drive.google.com/file/d/14y95vS_tIAO9xtxnFbX-5xh32p1nrADQ/view?usp=sharing
>
>Please check it out.
>Sincerely,
>Kim Syehoon

Ok, this is AVC long gop.
The essence stream copy works fine - binary match.
But the index metadata is lost: your input is actually correct as you said, the index table is VBR with video tagged posTableIndex=-1 to apply temporal reordering.
The output is not, video has posTableIndex=0 (and temporalOffsets = 0), so no reordering, so bad.
A trac ticket already exists:
https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/9315
Maybe you can add some words there to complete the description of the issue.

Nicolas