[FFmpeg-user] compile failure during make

Jim Worrall coniophora at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 02:36:23 EET 2024

I’ve been building ffmpeg on a Mac since 2017, and this is the first time I’ve run into this kind of problem.  I pulled the latest git head today.  After getting all the dependencies set up, I configure ffmpeg successfully like this:

./configure \
--prefix=${TARGET} \
--extra-cflags="-fno-stack-check" \
--pkg-config-flags="--static" \
--enable-nonfree --enable-gpl --enable-version3 \
--enable-libx264 --enable-libx265 --enable-neon \
--enable-libfdk-aac --disable-lzma \
--enable-libfreetype \
--enable-libfontconfig \
--enable-libfribidi \
--enable-libass \
--enable-libzimg

Then the 'make' command fails pretty quickly.  Starting with the first error:

libavdevice/avfoundation.m:1298:6: error: field designator 'priv_data_size' does not refer to any field in type 'const AVInputFormat' (aka 'const struct AVInputFormat')
    .priv_data_size = sizeof(AVFContext),
     ^
libavdevice/avfoundation.m:1299:6: error: field designator 'read_header' does not refer to any field in type 'const AVInputFormat' (aka 'const struct AVInputFormat')
    .read_header    = avf_read_header,
     ^
libavdevice/avfoundation.m:1300:6: error: field designator 'read_packet' does not refer to any field in type 'const AVInputFormat' (aka 'const struct AVInputFormat')
    .read_packet    = avf_read_packet,
     ^
libavdevice/avfoundation.m:1301:6: error: field designator 'read_close' does not refer to any field in type 'const AVInputFormat' (aka 'const struct AVInputFormat')
    .read_close     = avf_close,
     ^
8 warnings and 4 errors generated.
make: *** [libavdevice/avfoundation.o] Error 1
JimsMBPro:ffmpeg jim$

To me it looks like an internal ffmpeg problem, but I’m far from an expert at compiling.  Any idea what is wrong?

Jim