[FFmpeg-user] Loudnorm filter changes bit depth

Paul B Mahol onemda at gmail.com
Sun Mar 24 14:03:15 EET 2024

On Sun, Mar 24, 2024 at 10:58 AM Marc via ffmpeg-user <
ffmpeg-user at ffmpeg.org> wrote:

> I spent some time looking into options and came across this paper by the
> authors of pyloudnorm.
> There's also a section comparing a few different implementations of EBU
> R 128.
>
> https://csteinmetz1.github.io/pyloudnorm-eval/paper/pyloudnorm_preprint.pdf

That paper is invalid.

FFmpeg have 2 implementations: loudnorm(uses older libebur copy ) and
ebur128(which is only a scanner)
Of course if they used loudnorm only it would get bad performance, as
loudnorm in current repo is bad filter in any sense.