[MEncoder-users] Combining .flv files

The Wanderer wanderer at fastmail.fm
Thu Dec 22 00:54:59 CET 2011

(Quoting fixed. Please don't top-post.)

Replying here because I haven't seen the previous mail yet.

On 12/21/2011 01:59 PM, Fatima Hussain wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 1:25 PM, Gabri Nurtinaz Shally
> <gabri.ns at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> can you tell us length of each video? from the log, its look like mencoder
>> detect the content as 1000fps video. it may because of this you get short
>> video. you can add -ofps <desired frame rate> to force fps value.

The only time I've seen this behavior is when using the LAVF demuxer, and then
only with specific files; using an alternate demuxer (in that case, 'demuxer
mov', for an MP4 file) worked fine. Unfortunately, I don't know of an alternate
FLV demuxer for MEncoder, so if the problem is the same one I saw you may be out
of luck unless someone can track down the bug.

In my case, the problem was that the container specified one frame rate but the
video stream itself specified another frame rate, and libavformat ended up going
with the one which had the wrong information.

(I'm pretty sure '-ofps' would be the wrong solution in this case anyway; I
think what you'd need to specify is '-fps', to force the input frame rate to be
something more sane. However, if the input files have a variable frame rate,
this may still lead to problems.)

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.