[MPlayer-cvslog] CVS: main configure,1.1202,1.1203
ikalvachev at gmail.com
Sun May 28 12:20:35 CEST 2006
2006/5/28, Rich Felker <dalias at aerifal.cx>:
> On Thu, May 25, 2006 at 04:31:40PM +0300, Ivan Kalvachev wrote:
> > 2006/5/13, Reimar Döffinger CVS <syncmail at mplayerhq.hu>:
> > >CVS change done by Reimar Döffinger CVS
> > >
> > >Update of /cvsroot/mplayer/main
> > >In directory mail:/var2/tmp/cvs-serv13530
> > >
> > >Modified Files:
> > > configure
> > >Log Message:
> > >add check for a working iconv program and point to workaround if not found
> > >
> > It would be nice if this check is performed only then gui is enabled.
> Why? Assuming the user is sane and has UTF-8 system, it's preferable
> to have the messages converted to UTF-8 so they don't have to be
> converted at runtime..
1. Don't assume frivolous things.
2. It may be preferable but ATM it is obligatory.
3. This conversion is needed only for the proper work of GUI.
4. This is temporarily hack. (they all have to be utf-8)
5. You don't need iconv _program_ for default EN language.
6. msys mingw env doesn't have iconv program it doesn't have gui either.
In short it means configure will always abort in msys because it
requires something it doesn't need for something it won't build.
More information about the MPlayer-cvslog