[MPlayer-cygwin] Error loading codecs/drv43260.dll - pncrt.dll in the same folder as mplayer.exe

Stefan Gürtler Stefan.guertler at stud.tum.de
Tue May 13 14:51:47 CEST 2003

Hi

I wanted to get mplayer working without the Real Producer Basic installed on
the system. So I removed the Producer, and was not able to watch real-files
no more.
Then I tried to register the real-dlls manually by typing

Regsvr32.exe /i "C:\Programme\Gemeinsame Dateien\RealCodecs\cook3260.dll"

but an error message quite similar to the following appeared.
Then I tried to unregister the dll with the command

Regsvr32.exe /u "C:\Programme\Gemeinsame Dateien\RealCodecs\cook3260.dll"

But again I just got an error-message:

RegSvr32
C:\Programme\Gemeinsame Dateien\RealCodecs\cook3260.dll was loaded, but
DllUnregisterServer entry point was not found.
DllUnregisterServer may not be exported, or a corrupt version of
C:\Programme\Gemeinsame Dateien\RealCodecs\cook3260.dll may be in memory.
Consider using PView to detect and remove it.

Does anybody know if this is really able to endanger my system? The dll in
the memory should be gone after powering down and restarting the system,
shouldn't it?

After that failure I tried to move around the dlls in the mplayer - folder.
Currently playback is working with pncrt.dll in the same folder as
mplayer.exe and both drv43260.dll and cook3260.dll (and all the others) in
the subfolder /codecs.
Looks like that this is a way to get it working without RealOne or Real
Producer installed on the system :-)

Ciao sagt Stefan