[MPlayer-cygwin] MPlayer packages for windows

Joey Parrish joey at nicewarrior.org
Sun Nov 16 17:11:30 CET 2003

On Sun, Nov 16, 2003 at 03:56:35PM +0100, Sascha Sommer wrote:
> Please also try the mingw port some day. It has a modified get_path
> that does exactly this. Moreover it does not depend on the cygwin dlls
> what makes a static compile possible.

I do --enable-static under cygwin and the only dll it depends on is
cygwin1.dll, which I think is acceptable to distribute.
And some day I do wish to switch to mingw anyway.

> What about -fixed-vo? It avoids the recreation of the window. Afair staying
> in fullscreen worked when I added support for it but maybe it got broken.

It avoid recreation, but it still get's reconfigured and fullscreen
state reset for the next video or loop.

> The binary codecs stuff works like this now on mingw.

Cool.  I'll try it some day soon.  In the mean time, I have a lot
invested in my current work right now.

> A page for windows mplayer would be nice. Damn I also wanted to finish
> my windows gui...

Yeah, I've been trying to throw together a simple page to organize all
my projects.  I'd be happy to publish my releases on someone else's,
though, if there's a good place already.

As for the gui, I would LOVE a native windows gui.  Is it a slave mode
frontend?

--Joey

--
"I know Kung Fu." --Darth Vader