[MPlayer-dev-eng] review of mplayer application

DINH Viêt Hoà dinh.viet.hoa at smartdis.com
Wed Apr 2 13:03:26 CEST 2003

Alban Bedel wrote :

> The main idea as Colin said is to allow grouping of files. Each file/group
> can have his own settings and heritate those from his parents in the tree.
> Yeah it's somewhat wired, you like it or not.
> Ok it was newer coded with speed in mind and i never thought that one will
> create such big lists. Ok it's really slow. I tried a list of 10^5
> entries. I got bored after more than 5 min and hitted Ctrl-C ;(
> 10^4 need about 6sec (on a K6-2 333) wich is ok imho, i mean that's a
> very long list.
> You can take a look at DOCS/tech/playtree. I wrote that once for .so,
> it's old now but it may be usefull. Good luck anyway ;)

ok, I made a quick fix for this, the problem was that, each time we
chose to append some element to the list, the list was run through,
then I added a field in playtree_t (last) that says where to append the
element.

I have some question : can an element be removed from the playtree
during the addition step ?

Because I suppose no element is removed during the loop where
append() is called, in playtree_parse()

--
DINH V. Hoà - Ingénieur R&D - R&D Engineer - SMARTDIS
30, rue Joseph Bonnet - 33000 Bordeaux - France