[MPlayer-dev-eng] MPlayer G2

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Wed Apr 9 00:40:49 CEST 2003

Hi,

> > there is an updated version, with almost complete steram layer impl.:
> >         mplayerhq.hu/~arpi/mplayer-G2-preview2.tar.gz
>
> and now preview3

prev4 is out with the preview of the new demuxer layer/api
http://mplayerhq/~arpi/g2/

stream layer still not complete, smb, cue, mms missing, and some code
(especialy vcd) needs cleanup, removal of the globals

demuxer is very similar to the current one in mplayer, but it supports
more than one audio/video/sub stream at teh same time, and the stream/codecs
header thing is better separated from demuxers.
now there are 2 kind of codec headers in teh demux_stream_t: ms_header
(microsoft-format header, bitmapinfo for video and waveformatex for audio)
and codec_data for other codec-specific stuff, like mp4 headers, realmedia's
extra stuff, quicktime's imagedesc etc. the ms-header is mandatory, have to
be 'emulated' when not exists as-is in the container (avi/asf/wav/ogm? have it).

i don't want big flames against it, i've decided it so and i won't change my
mind :).

i'll port some demuxers (probably asf and real will be the first, since they
do work ok now and i have files with multiple streams for testing)
i'll rewrite avi and mpeg demuxers, mostly from scratch. teh new avi demuxer
will do runtime index building, and will support opendml.
the mpeg demuxer will be the 3-layered thing i've designed half year ago, to
support es (mpeg-es video, mp2/mp3 audio files), ps/pes and ts streams, even
with runtime format (layer) switching.

if anyone is interested in porting other demuxers, stream modules, tell me.
(smb:// is almost ready, see my other mail today on this topic)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team