[MPlayer-dev-eng] MPlayer G2

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Thu Apr 10 23:36:15 CEST 2003

Hi,

> P.S.
> CVS when?

when i leave the project :)

i don't put it into cvs yet for 2 reasons:

1. i'm doing lots of imports, renames (even directories), file merges etc
2. i don't want others to commit into the code yet
X. i'm the only developer so no need for cvs
Y. i don't like cvs, maybe i'll test subversion or sth else with g2

Actually I want to redesign the APIs (currently working on the demuxer)
based on _my_ experiments with mplayer. When it will be ready, i'll put it
into some cvs-like systems so you can help porting drivers, demuxers.
Note that i'm porting (mostly rewritting) the most important demuxers, in
parallel with API 'development'.

The stream layer is almost ready, only a few (cue, mms, smb) needs to be
ported. (smb is already done but imho it's buggy/broken)

I'm even thinking about a 'fork' of 0_90 as a test-bed for new
stream/demuxer layer. Maybe 0.60 instead of 0.90, as it has less hacks.
or maybe 0.10.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team