[MPlayer-dev-eng] Matroska demuxer, C++ sources

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Fri Apr 11 14:43:44 CEST 2003

Hi.

As some of you know I'm working on Matroska support. Part of it is a
Matroska demuxer for MPlayer. 'Unfortunately' the current Matroska
libraries are written in C++ and therefore the demuxer is written in C++
as well. So far I've not included it in MPlayer's CVS but I'd like to to
that soon. So my question is:

Is C++ acceptable if it's contained to one file?
(libmpdemux/demux_mkv.cpp) I'll maintain it, of course, so no one needs
to bother with it ;) And Matroska support will be autodetected by
configure, so if the libraries themselves are not found the module will
not be compiled at all.

I'm testing with gcc 2.95.4 AND with gcc 3.2.x, so I hope that there'll
not be too much trouble with incompatible source code.

In the future there'll also be a C implementation of the Matroska
libraries, but it'll take some time until that is finished.

Apart from the ususal philosophical objetcions regarding Matroska -
would a C++ demuxer for Matroska be ok? Of course I'll post the patch
here before committing it so that technical aspects can be worked out.

--
 ==> Ciao, Mosu (Moritz Bunkus)